Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Begining

Welcome to my blog spot!

This blog spot is aimed at helping me organize my Geographical Information Systems notes, as I embark on a journey through GIS Intro and Cartography at AB Tech.

A little background, I am a recent UNC Asheville graduate student with a BS in Environmental Management and Policy, Minor in Economics. As a student I worked on many environmental advocacy projects. In my last semester I co-founded and directed the new Student Environmental Center at UNC Asheville, that is now located in the Highsmith Uviversity Union. The center serves to educate the campus community on environmental issues through community-based social marketing, energy conservation and efficiency programs while working with state and local governments to better meet their sustainability goals.

I hope to be a part of the solution to Climate Change with a municipality, government, or private industry, as our choices will affect all life on Earth.



No comments: